Oxford & Cambridge Admissions Conference – 4th May 2018
How can Cantabs help?
- Join the evening to talk to prospective students during the cocktail reception.
- Invite other alumni or current students to join.
- Share the word with acquaintances whose children or friends might be prospective students.
- Share the word with Belgian high schools or universities you are in contact with.
For this purpose, see the draft flyer below.
The final programme would be as follows:
- 17.45 – 18.15: Welcome and registration.
- 18.15 – 18.20: Opening Speech, Françoise Lefèvre (Alumna ’85, University of Cambridge & Partner Linklaters);
- followed by Statement from H.E. Alison Rose (British Ambassador to the Kingdom of Belgium & Alumna of the University of Cambridge).
- 18.20 – 18.45: Applying to Oxbridge, Dr Paul Wingfield (Tutor for Admissions, Trinity College, University of Cambridge) and Alice Parrott (Admission Services, University of Oxford).
- 18.45 – 18.55: Life as an Oxford or Cambridge student, William Beuckelaers (Alumnus ’17, University of Oxford).
- 18.55 – 19.05: Careers after Oxbridge, Tom Verbiest (Alumnus ’16, University of Oxford) & Adrien van den Branden (Alumnus ’14, University of Cambridge)
- 19.05 – 19.15: Recognition of foreign higher education qualifications, Erwin Malfroy (Policy designer, Flemish Ministry of Education).
- 19.15 – 19.25: Funding opportunities for Oxford and Cambridge, Elias Adriaenssens (Alumnus ’14, Rotary Foundation).
- 19.25 – 19.30: Closing Speech, Guillaume Croissant (Alumnus ’14, Associate Linklaters)
- 19.30 – 20.30: Reception, questions and networking with academic staff, current students, alumni, and partners.
The website is in the process of being updated: http://www.ocac.be/
The Facebook page is also live again: https://www.facebook.com/ocaconference/
Online applications to attend OCAC 2018 are open onwards. The deadline to apply for a seat will be on Monday 23rd April at noon.
Date: Friday 4th May 2018
Time: 18.00 – 20.30
Venue: Linklaters, Rue Brederode 13, 1000 Brussels