Summer Barbecue, Sunday 18th June 15:30 onwards
The President and Committee are delighted to invite you to our Cambridge Summer Barbecue. This is an informal, family friendly event where members and their families have an opportunity to socialise in the fresh air. This is an informal BYO barbecue with the emphasis on just enjoying each other’s company in a relaxed environment.
Attendance is limited to first 25 persons (including partners and children), so please sign-up now: click here. Tell us what food and drink you will bring and how many adults & children will accompany you. Registration will be on a first-come first-serve basis. New prospective members will also be invited by the Committee.
In order to make the event as flexible, fun and easy as possible, we are turning it into an “organised potluck”. BYO -- Bring Your Own but to share:
- Bring your food to cook and share: meat, seafood, vegetables…
- Let us know when you sign-up what you will bring, including any extras like salads or desserts (there tends to be too many salads);
- The sign-up list will show who brings what – please take that into account when adding your own contribution;
- The Society will provide some drinks (beer / sparkling water / soft drinks) but please bring a bottle of wine and/or another drink;
- The Society provides the barbecue equipment, charcoal (FSC!!), sauces, nibbles and anything otherwise missing.
Thanks to those who have already signed-up and especially those who have offered to help.
The barbecue will be held at 15:30 onwards at “The President’s Residence”: 12A avenue de la Raquette, Woluwe Saint Pierre.
- Ample & easy parking in the street;
- Stockel metro approx. 10 mins walk;
- Two possible tram lines;
- At least one bus route too.
- Let us know if you can come early to help set-up or stay later to clear away. We especially need volunteers to help clear up;
- All ideas welcome to improve the event!!