The Cambridge Society of Belgium was founded on the initiative of a number of long-term residents of Belgium, and was inaugurated on 28th January 1994. It exists to enable those who live in Belgium and have connections with the University, to maintain contact with each other, and to share a number of common interests. A number of associated Cambridge Societies exist in the UK, and in many countries across the world.
We aim to:
- spread information about the University, its activities, achievements and the wide ranging contributions it makes to national and international communities;
- offer Cantabrigians a ready circle of like-minded friends;
- enable those with half an eye on their careers to be effortlessly well-connected;
- provide diverse entertainments, frequently amateur, occasionally of a very high standard, generally to be partaken of with hands in pockets and occasional wry remarks;
- lay on opportunities for nostalgia;
- tease Oxford (whatever that is);
- remind Cantabrigians of what they long suspected.
Membership is open to all those who have studied or taught at Cambridge University in some capacity. Those interested in becoming a Member, please click “membership“.